What is a Job Interview definition? The interview may be defined as a device of gathering and receiving information through face to face meetings between the employer and applicant with a view to make the final selection decision.
- A somewhat formal discussion between a hirer and an applicant or candidate typically in person; in which information is exchanged, with the intention of establishing the applicant’s suitability’ for a position.
- A mutual sight or view; a meeting face to face; usually a formal or official meeting for consultation; a conference; as the secretary had an interview with the President.
- Conservation, or questioning, for the purpose of eliciting information for publication; the published statement so elicited.
- To have an interview with; to question or converse with, especially for the purpose of obtaining information about the candidate to be selected finally.
Interviews usually take place face-to-face and in person, although by considering modern technologies such as the Internet have enabled conversations to happen in which parties are separated geographically, such as with videoconferencing software, and telephone interviews can happen without visual contact. Interviews almost always involve spoken conversation between two or more parties, although in some instances a “conversation” can happen between two persons who type questions and answers back and forth. The interview was generally was taken by one person. Sometimes, taken by several persons; by several persons sitting together.
You Might Love, to Read Out From Here.
- Interview Questions from Employer
- Job Analysis Methods
- 08 common Interview question and answers – Job Interview Skills