Role of Accountant and Financial Planner.
The famous line, “money cannot buy happiness,” is a go-to quote to uplift those of us who are on a tight budget. Although it is true, the simple fact is, money can pay the bills, feed you, clothe you, shelter you, and give you the means to survive. We all need it.
Unfortunately, money comes and goes. It is not easy to handle or manage it, which is why having an accountant and financial planner is a crucial part of saving up.
Even if you think you are doing well in terms of your finances, having an extra hand to figure out how to invest your money, manage your assets, or file your taxes correctly is a huge help. With America’s trillion-dollar debt crisis, you do not want to slip and be a part of the statistics.
Role of Accountant and Financial Planner
Now, when looking for a piece of advice with your finances, you have the option to choose between an accountant and financial planner, or you could have both. To help you determine which one you need best, here are what you need to know about them:
Who is an Accountant?
Most people would think that an accountant and financial planner are the same, but they are quite different, with their specializations. When it comes to accountants, the keyword is taxes.
The main job of an accountant is to help people file and manage their taxes, especially if you are a business owner, have several properties, or have a generous wage income.
Although some people might not need an accountant, having one can help you save more money than you think you can, and has its benefits:
- Accountants can better manage your financial statements and breakdown expenses. Doing so would help you, especially during a significant life change, such as moving to a new home, starting a family, or starting your own business.
- If you are experiencing a tough time with your taxes, an accountant will make your taxes for you, making it more efficient while ensuring that everything is right.
- If ever you are a landlord or a business owner, your accountant will help with bookkeeping and will represent you in case of an audit. They will also recommend active business structures, and help you strategize how to grow your business with regard to your taxes.
Who is a Financial Planner?
On the other hand, a financial planner is ideal for helping you budget and invest your money, or get out of existing debts. They are responsible for your overall finances and manages your money wisely and carefully.
If you Find the Best Financial Advisor, they will most likely help you budget your income and get out of any existing debt first before encouraging you to invest your money or start your own business.
When you are ready and financially stable enough to start growing your money, a financial planner will help you with these three things:
- Financial planners are there to guide you when you are ready to invest. They know what is best to invest in to help you reach your financial goals.
- They can quickly help you plan out what to do with your wealth. Financial planners will help you choose the right insurance for you and your family, and how to properly save up for retirement or your children’s trust fund.
- They help with overall wealth accumulation and protection. A financial planner’s responsibility is to assist you in growing and saving your money to make sure that you are never in debt.
Knowing these two distinctions will help you decide whether you need to hire an accountant or a financial planner. However, if you are a business owner or someone who finds difficulty in dealing with taxes and managing finances, hiring both experts is the way to go so they can work hand-in-hand.
Remember, it is crucial that you carefully choose your financial planner and accountant, and that you trust both of them with your financial future.
Role of Accountant and Financial Planner
Other Articles You Might Enjoy.
- Archives of Finance
- How To Prepare Tax Return 2020
- 6 Smart Ways to Reduce Your Business Taxes
- Long Term Investment – 12 Successful Tips
- Is an IPO Investment right for you?
- 5 Ways the Sharing Economy Can Help You Start Your Own Business
- What is The Best Time to Start Investing?
- Wealth Building Strategies by Killing Off Debt and Investing
- Money Education Courses For Youth and Youth Financial Education