SWOT Analysis of BDBL (Bangladesh Development Bank Limited).
How can We define SWOT Analysis or SWOT Matrix?
SWOT analysis or can be called SWOT Matrix is a structured planning system for evaluating the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats involved in companies that we are looking for. A SWOT analysis can be carried out for a product, place, industry or person.
Now, we are trying to highlight this SWOT in favor of a banking industry like BDBL (One of the reputed Govt. Specialized banks in Bangladesh).
SWOT analysis of Bangladesh Development Bank Limited (BDBL) is as follows:
SWOT analysis >> S > Strengths of BDBL
- BDBL is unique in its nature having both specialized and commercial operation it is regarded as a development bank as well as the commercial one.
- One of the fundamental objectives of BDBL is to boost up small & medium scale industries, which makes a special perception of the bank.
- BDBL has Skilled financial management, good credit control, and few bad debts.
- BDBL has a veteran management team.
- A strong balance sheet. Access to extensive credit, a strong credit rating, and a good relationship with the bank and other sources of finance.
- Online banking operation & any branch banking facility.
- Skilled employees, successful recruitment, and effective training and development.
- Effective research and development, use of design and innovation.
- Govt. support and Encouragement.
- BDBL follows leading finance.
Weaknesses of BDBL
- The decision-making process is lengthy.
- Lack of competitive banking.
- Lack of promotional activities.
- Shortage of branches.
- Less diversified products and services line. The salary of BDBL is not high enough related to other commercial banks operating in Bangladesh.
- MAN/Internet/on-line services in BDBL is not upgraded, many of their works through manually.
Opportunities Of BDBL
- There is a huge demand for micro-credit, small and medium scale finance.
- Bangladesh’s economy is expanding rapidly, so the need for the bank is growing up.
- There are opportunities for innovation in the banking industry.
Threats Of BDBL
- More and less all the competition in the banking industry is competitive, so to survive BASIC Bank no. of defaults, the loan is 37% which is real threats of bank business.
- Due to government institution many of the banking decisions basic by political government.
- Too much interrupted by international assistance institutions like World Bank, IMF, WTO.
Sources: Primary data sources
Read Also: Small Business Saturday